As the warmer months start approaching, an occasional breeze won't outstand the summer heat. Maybe you’re busy running after the kids outside and need a little cool-down moment or just looking for a tasty adult sip for patio season. Nonetheless, this refreshing summer cocktail will be your new go-to favorite. With hints of lime and mint, the Tequila Watermelon Prosecco Spritzer will help shake the heat in a pleasurable way.
What makes this cocktail even better than the taste is how easy it is to make. Both the ingredients and instructions are to the point and not too complicated. Watermelon is made of 92% water, so this drink is also hydrating! Simple ingredients that you are likely to find around the house or at the local market—just another reason why this spritzer will become your choice of drink for the summer.
- For ages 21+
- 2 Servings
- 3 oz Watermelon Juice
- 4 oz Tequila Blanco
- 1 ½ oz Fresh Lime Juice (you will need 2 limes)
- 300 ml prosecco
- 3 springs of mint, plus extra to garnish
- Take your cocktail glass(es), fill with ice and level off with cold water. Put in your freezer for 5-7 minutes until frosted.
- While waiting for your glass(es) to frost, squeeze 1 ½ limes for juice. Leave ½ of lime to cut into thin round circles for garnish.
- Remove frosted glass(es), add ice, tequila, lime juice, and watermelon juice.
- Stir in mint, lime circles, and top it off with prosecco.
- Garnish with remaining mint and lime circle.